Search

Sign up for my Newsletter


Find my kits here

CDOBlinkie

Tasha's Playground Fan Page

My Personal CT

gimptasticblinkieKiyaDesignBLschnTonyasTemptationsvi-viBKCDESIGNSBLINKIE-1IPDBLINKIEMILLIEKIT14-vi

Followers

Friday, May 25, 2012
Supplies:
Kit- Don't Worry Bee Happy by Gimptastic Scraps, which you can grab here.
Tube- I'm using the amazing work of Rzhevskii which is available at PFD here
For the example at the bottom I'm using a tube by Ismael Rac which you can purchase here.
Do not use either artist without a valid license. 
Template- HoneyBeeTemplate by Sarah's Tags N Things here
Font for name- Too Much Paper 
Photoshop CS5 or program of choice
I'm on a Mac so when I use Command, you may need to use Ctrl

Here we go :)

Open your Template. Image>Duplicate. Close out original. 
Delete the credit layer.
Image>Resize to resize if needed. Image>Canvas Size to increase canvas size if needed.
I like room to work so usually increase mine so I have a couple hundred pixels all around.
Replace layers of the template with papers from the kit.
To do this, select the template layer by holding Command+clicking on it's icon in the layer window.
Add paper of choice as a new layer above it. Select>Inverse. Hit Delete on the paper layer.
Deselect and delete the original template layer. 
For each layer I used the following:
Raster 11 & Copy of Raster 11- Paper 6
Raster 5 & Copy of Raster 5- Paper 5
Raster 3 & Copy of Raster 3- Paper 3
Raster 10- Paper 8
Raster 2- Paper 4
Using Layer Styles, on each template layer add the following drop shadow:
I like to add the shadow to one layer, the right-click it, Copy Layer Style, then go to 
each other layer, right-click and Paste Layer Style.
Add your main tube of choice. Command+J to duplicate. 
On top tube layer Filter>Blur>Gaussian Blur 2px. Blend Mode Screen, Opacity 48%.
Drop Shadow bottom tube layer- I used Distance 5, Spread 4, Size 8, same Opacity and angle as above.
Now add elements from your kit to the tag. From bottom to top I used:
wooden heart
ribbon 2
lemon
flower 6
button 2
heart
candle
button 1
basket
honey pot
I added the same drop shadows as I did with the template layers. 
On the word art, I just colorized it by using Command+U and playing with the Hue/Saturation.
I also added a slight Bevel with these settings:

Using the Rectangular Marquee Tool, draw out a selection around the entire tag, slightly smaller than the canvas. Image>Crop. This will get rid of any stray pixels and drop shadows.
Image>Trim>Top Left Pixel Color. This will get rid of all the excess space.
Add copyright and license info. 
Add name and any text of choice.
Merge, save as PNG and enjoy :)

Thank you for trying out my tut. If you have any questions or would like to show me your result, feel free to email me- bananas_68@yahoo.com, or contact me on Facebook :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Blinkies

Tashablinkieballoontashablinkietashasblinkietashahalloweenblinkie

I Get Creative For

gimptasticblinkieTSCTBlinkie_byCCO4

Leave me some love

Blog Archive

About Me